Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wordless Wednesday (sort of)- Annie E Lile Shofner Obit

My grandmother, Minnie F. Shofner Tharp, was very good about clipping out and keeping the obituaries of her siblings and their spouses. The other day I started organizing my pictures. what a task! While going through the pictures that I had inherited after her death, I again found her collection of family obituaries. Starting today and across the next several Wednesdays I will be posting these obituaries. Today I will start with my great-grandmother, Annie Elizabeth Lile Shofner. Most, if not all,
of these obituaries would have been taken from her local newspaper, The Larue County Herald.
Ma Shofner's Obit #1
 Ma Shofner's Obit #2
Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

3 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog Deborah! My paternal ancestors hail from Louisville, Owensboro and Cloverport. I have an aunt living in Louisville.

    I look forward to reading all about your family history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gini,
    I'm glad you stopped by. Most of my families are from the south central part of the state. However, the families of my kids father are from Louisville. You never know what you might find that makes a connection.

    As an aside I have followed your blog since I started back in February and have really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah,
    I have been doing research to update the Shoffner family book and I came across your site. I am just getting started with all this but I do have the Shoffner book by Sonja Jo Collins that I just put to disc with her permission..over 700 pages and dating back to Michael Shoffner coming here. I I love the obits you have posted. Not sure how you find that stuff but it is cool to see. I have tried to answer some message boards that pertain to my family but doesn't seem many keep up there anymore. Although a couple of months ago I did find a first cousin and learn his father ..My Uncle Jimmy was still alive and was able to go see him. Thank you for doing what you do and for sharing.
    Brenda Shoffner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails