Thursday, May 20, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday – Potholders?

While setting the table for supper tonight I noticed the two potholders that you see below. SANY0101

What’s so special about them that I would want to make them a topic of a Treasure Chest Thursday, you ask? Well, nothing really I guess. They are from about the 1960’s or early 70’s and are just a local company’s advertising potholder (if that’s even a category!) Where did they come from you ask? Well my father’s parents owned and ran a grocery store in Magnolia, Kentucky from the mid 1960’s until 1976 or so. They were always getting advertising or promotional things from the people that came into the store to try and get them to carry their brand of goods. I have no doubt that that is from were these originate. These came from their house when we were clearing it out after their deaths.

I do remember them being on my grandparents kitchen table under the numerous hot dishes that were served up there. I can’t tell you how many times I remember putting them in the “potholder” drawer while cleaning up after supper. So I guess they are a special part of my past and a connection to my grandparents that I had not thought of for a long time.heart

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

2 comments:

  1. Funny how little things bring back memories and hold someone dear to us a little bit closer.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummer, I felt kind of strange posting about potholders. But then I thought a story and a memory are exactly what genealogy is about. :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails