Thursday, July 15, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Slemmons album pages 10 - 11

I'mmmm back with more pages of the Slemmons photo album. As I have said in past postings, these are digital pictures that I have taken of a photo album my aunt owns.

Today's pages are 10 & 11:


Here is the close up of page 10:
Nice jackets! The paper tag down at the bottom reads: "Rev. J. T. Mauk & H. S. Turner Cumberland Preachers" Just a little side note: My mom, her siblings, her parents, maternal grandparents and paternal grandparents were members of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church. I'm not really sure how they are different then other Presbyterians, but they are really proud of the distinction. {shrug}

And the close up of page 11:
The paper label reads: "R.B. Slemmons 2nd cousin of R.S. Munday 1st cousin of his mother Emily S Munday brother of Susan Slemmons Williams" Susan Slemmons Williams was featured in last weeks posting found here. So with this new relationship show we can add R. B. Slemmons to the children of Washington Slemmons and Elizabeth F Brown. I have information that shows R. B. Slemmons was born on 30 Aug 1861 and the 1870 Metcalfe County, Kentucky census reveals his full name to be Robert B. Slemmons. aha! He is with his parents until 1880. I can't find him in 1900 but in 1910 and 1920 I found someone that "looks" a lot like him living in Chico, Butte County, California. In 1930 this Robert is living in Oakland, Alameda County, California. I'm always amazed how far people traveled. I will have to do a little more research to find out if it is him or not.

Here is yet a still closer picture of R. B. Slemmons:

And last but not least, is my finger showing that this picture was taken at Adolph Rapp studio in Glasgow, Kentucky.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails