Thursday, July 8, 2010

Proud to be a DAR member

It's times like now that I am so proud to be a member of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution!

I'm sitting at home in Louisville and watching the goings on at the National Congress in Washington DC.....on my computer! They are streaming it live on their website....AWESOME!

This is in addition to the announcement they made this morning. What was the announcement, you ask? Well, this morning they (DAR) announced that starting today a record copy of Nationally approved applications can be paid for (with a credit card of course) and downloaded immediately from their website. WOW! No waiting, no mailings, no waiting, no paying postage, no waiting, no having to write a check (mom what are those?)...did I mention no waiting?

AWESOME!
Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

3 comments:

  1. Deborah, Thanks for the information, I'll have to look at it, as I used to attend as well. But the good news is about the Record Copy orders. They are no longer in the dark ages, I remember when I had to "fight" for a color monitor there! Thanks again for the news, a lot of people are going to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only posted 4 comments today, and half are to you! Well, I couldn't get the DAR stream, guess I need to be a member. Maybe I should rejoin. But thanks for the heads up. (I saw what you wrote about the photo album too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I should have said that it was on the members side of the website. Which you could see it. :( maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails