Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - William Easton Shofner

Last week was spring break here in Louisville, and one of the day trips that I decided we needed to take was to two cemeteries in which my 2nd great-grandparents were buried. I had visited these cemeteries many years ago and found my ancestor's tombstones, but had not thought to take pictures of the tombstones. You know how it is when you first start doing research....total knucklehead! ;p

So we made our way via the old road from Louisville to Campbellsville on a
beautiful spring day. It was really nice to spend the day going through the small towns between here and there. It had been several years since I had been in Campbellsville and thanks to that and new road alignments I had to ask for directions only once. But as I have often been heard to say at the beginning of a car trip, "If we don't turn around just once, it's going to be a bad trip. So let's get the trip started off right with a minor change of direction."  Anyway, we found the cemetery and the tombstone in the same spot that I remember it being all those years ago.

Only, this time I took a picture of it (see you can teach an old dog new tricks...and new technologies!).


This is the tombstone of my 2nd great-grandfather, William Easton Shofner, buried in the Brookside Cemetery in Campbellsville, Taylor County, Kentucky. I talk about unexpectedly finding his death certificate in my My Ancestors Approved Award posting.

Next week you will see the other tombstone of which we took a picture.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails