Saturday, April 24, 2010

Children of the Tobacco?

I've heard of  "Children of the Corn" but what about these two "Children of the tobacco?"

This is my dad, Hearley Gordon Tharp on the right, and some unknown child. It probably was taken in Illinois while my grandparents were living in Mosquito Township, Osbornville, Christian County, Illinois. I know dad was born there in 1938, but I do not know how many years they were there or when they came back to Kentucky.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    i noticed that you like vintage clip art :)
    Hope you like my edited images!
    nice to meet you by the way! im keren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pictures stirs up a ton of memories for me! I have no pictures of our tobacco fields but lots of memories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple, so glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery and that your mom is doing better. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails