Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Earth (AKA Happy Earth Day)

I guess I could try and draw a correlation between Earth Day and genealogy. In reality I know this doesn't have anything to do with Genealogy, blogging or research, but I couldn't resist.;)

I have been an environmentalist as long as I can remember and I couldn't pass up today without saying something about Earth Day. 1 tip that I learned recently that has made a huge difference on my electric bill: turning off all the household items that you don't use on a daily basis (e.g. cell phone charger, tv, shredder, VCR, electric stove) then turn them on only when you are using them. Always remember reuse, reduce and recycle!

Peace out!

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

2 comments:

  1. Deborah, at least you mentioned Earth Day. Yes, I guess it would be hard to find a common thread to meld genealogy and Earth Day. Except, we all lived on this planet, and they didn't waste like many people do now. They had very few clothes, little food, no cars, electricity, on and on, and they survived for our benefit. So, I guess we could say, we should learn from them. Thank you ancestors. Sorry Deborah.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails