Thursday, February 18, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - My Granny!





My Treasure was my Granny! When I first started doing genealogy, my aunt gave me these pages that her mother, my granny, had written about her family. She had actually written two of the pages a couple of different times and on a couple of them she had information that she had not included on the other copies. If I had known then what I know now, I would have only taken then as a guideline. But being young and naive, I took them for the holy grail of genealogy. Luckily for me when I learned that I needed the actual document or wanted to make sure she was correct, she was! She had 99 % of the stuff correct. If only I had a wonderful fountain of information for my other family lines I probably would have been done with researching 15 years ago. May you all have a granny treasure chest in your research.

1 comment:

  1. A real treasure, for sure!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Keep these ancestor stories coming!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails