Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stay with Blogger or Move to WordPress? Your opinion matters!

In 4 days this blog will be 2 years old and I am thinking, seriously thinking, about making a major change. While I haven't been blogging a lot lately, I am constantly thinking about new postings. Some of the reasons, but not all, that I do not get them done is the fact of having to create them in Blogger. I use Blogger in draft, but I have never really like the interfacing that Blogger has.

Recently, I exported all of my postings from Blogger into a WordPress account that I had created. Initially, my intention was to keep this new account private, so that it wouldn't get confused with this one and just for backing this one up. The "just in case" scenario, so that I would have this blog backed up, somewhere.

However, now that I have played with the WordPress interface, I like it. Just a few of the things that I have found really cool in WordPress: You can preview a new theme and it will actually show you what your blog would look with this new theme in place. I like the fact that it has not only a spell checker, but a grammar checker and style rules. Because, I know better then anybody how much help my writing needs! ;)

But there are several reasons why I don't want to stop using Blogger. 

1st - because of all of you, my followers.  I really don't want to lose any of you. I know with a move some followers will be lost, that's a normal thing.


2nd - I would have to update everything and everybody. Facebook, Geneabloggers, Google+, LinkedIn, etc, etc.


3rd - It seems to me that I am abandoning something that I started with for the new toy. Plus I really like all of the other Google products that I use on a daily basis. Why should I drop this one? 


4th - The subscribing to a WordPress blog seems to have more steps involved. It could just be me thinking or not remembering what it took to subscribe to a Blogger blog in the beginning.


So, what is my real question here?
What do you all think? 

Should I move the blog? 
Is it easier to subscribe or follow one or the other?


Please let me know what you guys think. I know if I decide to do it, I won't do it overnight it will probably take me a while to work up the nerve or have the wild hair that finally gives me the courage to do it. But I really would like to know what have been your experiences or thoughts on this.


{updated 12 Feb 2012 at 7:49 pm some formatting issues}

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)
 

2 comments:

  1. I would stay stick with Blogger. Give them feedback as to what you would like changed. Chances are right after you switch they may add or update it to what you were wanting anyway!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails