Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Quiet for a while

Happy New Year, I'm still here! I have been busy, as has everyone, with the holidays, work and making sure that Santa visited all of the good lil boys and girls in my family.

I got an email today that jogged me out of my stupor of no postings. It is about a local workshop that you might be interested in....Heck you might even want to attend it if you are going to be in town on the 22nd of this month.

The email included this cool flyer telling about the workshop:

"Farmington is pleased to announce that it is hosting a hands-on genealogy and research workshop. NSSAR (The National Society of the Sons of the Revolution) Staff Archivist Rae Ann Sauer will be presenting a program entitled “Preserving Your Family Documents and Photos.” You are encouraged to bring any photos and documents that you plan on working with in your research"

Doesn't that sound fun? 

"But Deb does it say anything about the genealogy section of the workshop? I mean who will be the one giving it and on what aspect of genealogy will it be about?" you ask.

Oh yeah, I guess it would help if you knew that too. Well, here's the rest of the description....

"Deborah Andrew, also from NSSAR will be presenting a program called “Genealogy 101.” It will cover how to begin your research for newcomers and for those seasoned in genealogical research, how to broaden their research.

Tickets are $10.00 Price includes a workbook for participants.  Light refreshments will be served.

You are encouraged to purchase your tickets in advance as this event will possibly sell out. If there are any tickets remaining, they will be sold at the door.

To order call (502) 452-9920 "
Yep, that's me. I'm going to be the one giving the genealogy part of the workshop. As I've mentioned in a couple of past postings, I volunteer at a local historic home called Farmington Plantation, here in Louisville. I was doing my volunteering thang there one Saturday, the program director and I started discussing potential programs for the ensuing year and Voila! this is the result. Rae Ann and I will both have Power Point Presentations for our individual parts of the workshop and I am trying my best to get everything lined out before the day.

So if anyone is going to be in the local vicinity, or knows anyone that will be, please be sure to drop by and catch my big debut....hee!hee!

Again Happy New Year, Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails